Joes River Bridge
Joes River Bridge spans a distance of 70 feet over Joes River, between the villages of Bathsheba and Cattlewash in the Parish of St. Joseph.
The footbridge is built on the foundation of a former bridge used by the Barbados Railway from 1883 until 1937.
The river is one of only two above-ground rivers found in Barbados. It has gone through many name changes since the 17th century which included being called a 'streamlet', and then St. Joseph't River after an owner of the property Joseph Thorne. The river originates in the uplands of Chimborazo, one of the highest points on the island and makes its way down into Frizers Valley. It then empties into the Atlantic Ocean.